Craft Your Proposal
Why seek external funding for your research or scholarly creative activities?
Do you need time to conduct your research? Apply for external funding to cover the costs of your salary. Do you need funds to purchase supplies or equipment, or need assistance from undergraduate students, graduate students or consultants?
Texas State University UPPS
Institutional Information (DUNS, EIN numbers)
Submit Your Proposal through Sponsored Programs
- Proposal Submission Countdown Map
- Kuali System: Notify Sponsored Programs about an upcoming proposal submission - REQUIRED
- Sponsored Programs' 3-Day Workday Rule - Submit your proposal on time!!
University Language to Include in Proposals
- Texas State Boilerplate Language
- Texas State University Facts and Data Resources
- TXST Strategic Plan for Research
Need Help with Statistical Methods?
- Texas State University Enrollment Data
- San Marcos, Texas - Household Income (Statisticalatlas.com)
- Hays County, Texas - Household Income (Statisticalatlas.com)
Creating a Budget
- Budget Basics (terms and items to include)
- OSP Training Guide: Preparing Research Proposal Budgets
- 1 Year Budget Template
- 3 Year Budget Template
- Example - Foundation Budget
- TXST facilities and administration (F&A), indirect costs or overhead cost agreement
- TXST equipment matching/cost share policy
Crafting a Book Proposal
- Sunny Afternoon Proposal Research
- Philosophy Engagement Proposal for Research
- Arden General Proposal Form with Highlights
Need awesome graphics to make your concept paper or proposal pop?
Check out C3's visuals and graphics and adjust them to your needs. Go to...
- 1-page PIVOT Community of Scholars Cheat Sheet (plus how to search for funding through the Foundation Center)
- Find Funding Using PIVOT Community of Scholars Search Engine (PowerPoint)
- Review Funded Proposals (resources available from the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs)