Search for funding:
Texas State University subscribes to several funding databases to help you search for grants, fellowships and residencies. Some resources include:
- PIVOT Community of Scholars - Learn how to use this resource to find comprehensive funding opportunities.
- Foundation Directory Online is a great resource to search foundations to learn about the types of projects they fund.
- The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs' Strategic Research Initiatives is a great resource to learn about federal, state and private funding opportunities.
How to access Foundation Directory Online:
- Go to Alkek Library
- Click on the button below the search tool that says "Databases"
- Click on the pull down menu that says "More Types of Databases" (can be found on the right side of your screen) – Scroll and select Grants & Scholarships
- Select Foundation Directory Online Professional (it is likely the first option)
- Once you are redirected to the Foundation Directory Online Homepage, type a few words into the search tool that generally describe what you are looking for funding for and click search.
- Click on either "Grantmakers" or "Grants". By searching "Grantmakers" you will find foundations that may be interested in funding your project. Searching for "Grants" will show you specific funding opportunities by foundations.